Friday, July 11, 2014

WTG Indiana!

The last week of June, Indiana finally weighed in on the same-sex marriage law.  They adopted it, but left it up to the individual counties to decide whether or not they would issue 'marriage' licenses.

A day later, a neighboring county clerk was taken to task because she chose NOT to issue a license, stating it went against her personal beliefs.  I was happy to see someone stick to their guns.

Two days later, an emergency Stop was ordered (can't remember what it's called), and ALL counties were told to quit until the courts could hammer it out.

This week (July 9th, I think), the court ruled all 'marriages' after June 28th were no longer valid.  My pro-GLBT friends are incensed; I couldn't be more happy.

Why?  Marriage = 1 Man + 1 Woman.

As previously stated, I have NOTHING against the GLBT community.  Have a civil union, be monogamous, adopt kids.  But don't call it 'marriage'.

No comments:

Post a Comment