Sunday, December 9, 2012

Bah Humbug

I've had Christmases in the past where I had a hard time a) being excited about the season, b) getting motivated to decorate; and c) being cheerful.  But so far, this has been the worst two weeks of December in history.

I still don't have the tree up or even the decorations out of the basement.

I baked cookies all week, and thankfully set the ones aside for the teachers, because the M&M and chocolate chip ones are all gone.  Tried to make more yesterday, and they disappeared as fast as they came out of the oven.  Out of 6 doxen (okay, probably closer to 5), there are exactly 3 dozen plus two.

I'd planned to have a large stash set aside, but didn't bake any on Thursday, due to Christmas shopping and the fact I kept getting interrupted.  Then on Friday, B 'kidnapped' me and we ate a late lunch at Applebee's, then went to the Washington GW Fashions and on to Evansville, first the GW Fashions and Barnes and Noble.  Ate dinner at Sonic, then got back in time to divvy up the goods and go to karaoke.  Left around 2pm and was home by 1am.  So obviously no baking there.  I even had to come home and do a load of laundry, since W's game was at 9am yesterday.

And today we're supposed to go to a family get together, and all I want to do is cry.

And I don't know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment