Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Unprofessionalism

Why is it I'm only having issues with a certain publishing company's authors not returning their interviews on time? I've been doing this now for nearly a year...and I've only had to beg/coax/badger three authors for their completed interviews.

Come on people; if you request an interview, take the time to fill it out and send it back??? YOU came to ME, remember?

I've only not filled out an interview ONCE. And there was no time limit on when I could return it. The only reason I didn't was it was more along the lines of 'show us your creativity and answer these five questions unrelated to your life as an author' type of thing. And the questions arrived at a time of upheaval in our lives until I just decided to delete the email (I think....it may still be around!)

So what I've done is post the author's cover and excerpt. I couldn't find a blurb or the author's website anywhere. It's only going to hurt them in the long run, but I can only do so much.

Update on Edits:
I've sent them off, along with the revised MS. Editor sent the first two chapters back; I've decided to make one more minor change, and I noticed my scene breaks were gone again. I emailed him, and after seeing his reply, I'm trusting his editorial expertise. I hope it's not misplaced. Book should be out either today or next Monday.

In other editing news, I made it all the way to chapter 2 on my other major revision project. Hopefully I'll get some more accomplished this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment