Friday, November 5, 2010

Edited, My Ass!

Pardon me while I rant.

I received my 'edited' ms last week, and since it was Halloween, I opted to wait until Monday.

Imagine my surprise when I opened up the document, and there were no changes!  Yay...either my editor is lazy, or I've gotten better at self-edits???  I hope it's the latter.

Anyway, I settled down to make a few changes, when I hit the bottom of page 4.  There, where I had left it, was the note I'd written to my editor, wanting his input on a particular word choice.  Ummmmm...did he not see it?  Fortunately, my brain was unclogged by then, and the perfect phrase came to mind.  Problem solved.

Or was it?  One page later, I noticed a scene break was missing.  And on Page 14, chapter 2 began at the bottom of the page, NOT on page 15!  WTF?  Did he not even look at it?

And so I emailed him two days ago.  Have I heard anything?  No.  So I sent it to my cover artist, who DOES return my emails.  And to prove my point, I sent her both the original and the 'edited' one.

Stay tuned; I sent six pages of revisions over the first two chapters; I've already got three pages of revisions on Ch 3 alone.  Later tonight I'll see what changes Chapter 4 has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment