Monday, November 18, 2019

What Is WRONG With People???

Post written 5-31-19
Since it's now nearly six months later, I can post this.

Yes, it's time for another rant.

This time, over a fast-food restaurant that may or may not be coming to our town.

Here's the picture floating around:
 Unfortunately, this proved to be photoshopped.  Here's the correct one:


But what I'm objecting to is the BRUHA over it!

***Names withheld*****
"We are not getting a C-F-A.
I think everyone will be happy with what’s coming to Kimmel Road, but C-F-A isn’t one of them! Also, please know that they still donate money to anti-LGBTQ organizations. Having good chicken nuggets doesn’t make up for that that. Not for me!"

(Voice of Reason):  "
 Let them donate to whoever they want. Its the only family friendly place I can find"

Re:  "They can donate to whoever they want, but I'm not going to spend my money there anymore."

VOR:  "I understand. Are they supporting conversion therapy? Or something actually damaging that I don't know about? I thought they just donated to pro marriage groups."

Lib #2:  " I haven't eaten there in years. I'm sure other companies donate to anti lgbtq groups too, but they brag about it. According to this article, they did donate to a group supporting conversion therapy."

VOR:  "They no longer fund those groups. They haven't been anti LGBT in quite a while. I welcome religious groups who provide a family friendly environment, even though I am totally on the side of the left. Leftists have families too and we like a quality product in a clean restaurant where our kids won't get ostracized for acting like children. Honestly its one of the most well run businesses around where I live. They have amazing customer service training as well."

Lib #2:  "As of this year they were still giving money. I have kids and won't go there. Plenty of other restaurants are clean and family friendly. The food isn't great anyway."

Lib #3:  "“C-F-A Foundation says anti-LGBTQ giving is part of its ‘higher calling’"....spend your money where you want but they definitely still are anti-LGBTQ."

Lib #4:  "Good! Screw them!"

Lib #5:  "Glad! What a hateful place."

Lib #6:  " I like C-F-A's food, as far as fast food goes. And yes they are clean, have good customer service, and child-friendly. 

That said -- nope, they don't get my money. The owners are entitled to whatever personal beliefs they want to have, but th
ey actively donate to anti-LGBT groups. Conversion therapy is abusive and should be illegal everywhere, but that's not the only hateful thing they have supported. Let people be who they are, and mind your own business C-F-A. If two consenting adults are in love and happy, it does not hurt anyone else, not even one tiny little bit. 

They have a right to donate their money to whatever they want. But it won't be money they get from me."


Lib #7:  "I have never gone and will never go to a C-F-A. I will not support a business built on bigotry."

***End Discussion*******

Let's flip this around.  Say an LGBTQ business opens up, and conservatives raise protest.  Oh, wait....the gay bar in town?  Is there any bruha over it?  Okay, a little.....but NOTHING like I've seen here!  

*Full disclosure here*  I'm not actually sure we DO have an established gay bar, but I remember when it DID exist in another town!

Don't like the owner's politics?  Don't eat there or go there.  There are PLENTY of other places to frequent.  For my part, I could care less about a restaurant's beliefs, if I happen to like the food and the staff.

If everyone objected to all beliefs, we'd end up not being able to enjoy a meal out with the family ANYWHERE.  Someone would be complaining about the ingredients, the atmosphere, the staff, or even the art on the walls.  Get over yourself.  If you don't want to frequent any places where 'total equality' isn't practiced, then you're better off staying home.

I've never eaten at a C-F-A, but my daughter enjoys their food.  I karaoke with several of the GLBTQ community, and enjoy their friendship.  It does NOT mean I have to embrace their lifestyle.  We can agree to disagree.

People have sooooo forgotten that!!!!

Update:  We're now getting a Hobby Lobby AND a Texas Roadhouse!!!!!  Plus, I think one of the banks is adding either a branch or simply an ATM out there.

*****

Update 4/9/2021:  C-F-A announced they WILL build a store, since their food truck two weeks ago sparked such a positive response!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment