Saturday, September 9, 2017

Eye Roll Moment

Received this a few moments ago:
There has been some concern about the erotica section, several authors have mentioned due to their jobs and such they can't be associated with erotica in anyway and they were concerned with it being on the site might cause issues."

Seriously?

1) My work is TAME compared to other 'erotic' romance authors' work.

2) If you write Romance, who cares if it's Contemporary, Historical, NA,YA, or steamy sensual? As long as it's not the hard core BDSM, M/M, F/F, threesomes, or hardcore Erotica? I agree; the latter categories need to be on another imprint.

3) You're the publisher. It's your call. You do what you think is best. I don't see how having separate categories on a website can cause such anxiety issues...."Oh no! My sweet historical is two clicks away from a FSOG work! AAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH!" "I can't have my customers being exposed to THAT! I INSIST you remove that genre or I'll take my business elsewhere....." "I could get FIRED if my boss knew that my book could be at the same table as that-that-that-trash."

Grow up, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment